Thursday, April 30, 2009

NADAL, FEDERER, DJOKOVI IN ROME MASTERS QUARTER


Rafeal Nadal, top seeded in the world, won against Robin Soderling of Sweden. Nadal extends his winning streak in clay court to 27 matches on thursday. Nadal really played a hard tennis and could not be defeated by anybody. He is not making any mistakes and he is in full form right throughout this year. Soldering became frustrated enough to call the ATP supervisor, Mark Darby, onto the court early in the second set over a disputed call. Computer replays showed Soderling's shot was clearly out. Nadal in the mind set of breaking the past records and he has already made lot of records in his favourite court, clay court. Nadal will next face Verdasco, who eliminated Richard Gasquet of France 7-5, 6-4.


Federer won against the 16th seeded to enter his quarterfinals. Federer should need to win this tournament to win against Rafeal Nadal in the french open finals. Nadal will be the tight contender for Federer and he breakes his records of 14th grand slam. Nadal stopped him from wimbledon and he always won in french open. If a player like Nadal wasn't there then Roger Federer would have past Pete sampras in the number of Grand slams won.
Federer said conditions were a touch slower than when he played Stepanek last year, and he could read his opponent's serve better.


"I told myself I have to be very disciplined in my playing today, the way I play my tactical game against him and just the way I have to focus," Federer said. "Last year I got a little bit unsure about my own game and he played well, and then I was not 100 percent sure of what I wanted to do."

Djokovic also won against 13th-seededTommy Robredo 6-1, 6-1. This win made him to enter his quarterfinals.

No comments:

Post a Comment