Thursday, April 9, 2009

NADAL WILL PLAY IN QUEEN'S CLUB IN JUNE 8TH


Rafael NADAL was the world No.1 in Men's ranking. He has confirmed playing in queen's title this time in june in london. He told that he loves the crowd over there and he feels happy to play with the crowd. HE like to play in Grass court as he won the wimbledon last year. He has the competitor from England, who is none other than Andy Murray.

Nadal beat Novak Djokovic in last year's final before going on to win his first Wimbledon title. He like to play in AEGON championship in London which reflects the same condition as in wimbledon.





Nadal arrived in London last year on the back of his fourth successive French Open title and swiftly made the transition to grass, becoming the first player ever to win at Roland Garros, Queen's Club and Wimbledon in the same year.

"It was amazing," he said. "It was totally unexpected for me to win after winning in Roland Garros. I arrived and all I had was one day to adapt to grass.

"But I played really, really good tennis. I played relaxed, without pressure and I played really well."

Three weeks later Nadal triumphed 6-4 6-4 6-7 (5-7) 6-7 (8-10) 9-7 against Roger Federer in one of the greatest ever Wimbledon finals.

"I remember I had a lot of nerves the night before the match," said Nadal.

"And then, during the match there were a lot of emotions. In the beginning, I had the match under control and I had match points. But he came back very good in the third and fourth sets and had the break point in the fifth set at 4-3.

"He had his chance there. I saw the match on TV for the first time last week. It was really amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment