Monday, June 1, 2009

A HUGE SHOCK TO NADAL FANS

Rafael Nadal lost by a surprise as he was not in his best in this match. At this level you cannot under estimate anybody around you and you cannot play normally. Rafael Seems to be out of power as Soderling returning the ball with extreme power which cannot be taken by Rafael. I think Rafael lost only because of his lack of power. Soderling was serving at 220 km/hr while Nadal is serving at 175 km/hr. This is a huge difference when it comes to international.

Soderling's win comes a month after he was beaten 6-1 6-0 by Nadal in Rome.

"I told myself this is just another match," said the 24-year-old Swede, who now plays 10th seed Nikolay Davydenko.

"All the time, I was trying to play as if it was a training session. When I was 4-1 up in the (fourth set) tie-break, I started to believe.


"I just couldn't believe it when I won that last point. I'm so proud of myself. This is the best win of my career against a man who is the greatest clay-court player in history."

"He didn't surprise me because I know how he plays and how dangerous he can be," said the 22-year-old.

"When I practised this morning I felt good. I felt very good, but it wasn't the case during the match. I didn't play my best. I played very short and I couldn't attack. I made it easy for him to play at his level. But I lost.

"I was not calm enough to face the important points, so I had to fight. But sometimes fighting is not enough. You have to play a good level of tennis.



No comments:

Post a Comment