Thursday, May 28, 2009

FIRING MARIA SHARAPOVA MOVES TO THIRD ROUND


Maria sharapova, former World No.1 won her second round against 11th seeded Nadia Petrova 6-2, 1-6, 8-6 in an epic three set battle to make french open third round. Sharapova recovered after an injury, now ranked 102 and she played only last year wimbledon and now she came back. The third set took almost 71 minutes and it was mind blowing experience for Maria Sharapova. Sharapova said after the post match that "These types of matches are very important for me although I spent more time on the court than I wanted to. But I'm learning new things. It was a great match where I had to fight really hard and that's what I did. I'm glad I picked myself up and I could win." Sharapova will next play Kazakhstan's Yaroslava Shvedova in her third round. Sharapova is almost hot to win this title and she was in hungry to win this title as she never won a Roland Garros.





No comments:

Post a Comment